05 March 2014

Two birthdays for two special people: WARNING: Contains cute cat overload!

I've been wanting to start blogging again for months, but the weeks quickly turned into months. I had things I wanted to write about, but didn't know what to start with as my first post back. I figured the end of February was a little too late, to talk about Christmas, even though it was full of amazing food. I really want to get back into blogging and writing frequently, so unluckily for you, you may be hearing more from me and my ever growing shoe collection.
 
So why not dip my toe in the blogging water again, with a post about two of the loves of my life. Let's start with the very furry one that is, my cat Jasper. Now I'm sure this will make me sound like a crazy cat lady who is obsessed with their cat, but the little furry monkey is so incredibly adorable, it's difficult not to fall in love with him!
 
Anyone that doesn't love Jasper is banished from the household and we have all agreed that we couldn't go out with someone who didn't love the big ball of fluff. While this may make us seem incredibly weird, he is a huge part of our lives and part of our family. Plus he acts like he owns the house and we are his staff, so it would be pretty difficult to be in this house without falling under his spell.
 
Last week Jasper turned 22. We don't know the exact date he was born, as we got him from another family, who had sadly misplaced his birth certificate. We know he was born in 1992 though, so we celebrate his birthday on the day he came into our lives. He got several presents, many extra cuddles and enjoyed a lovely meal and is very fond of his new bow tie.
Jasper made our house his home when he was 15, when my Dad took pity on him as he would have gone to the cats home otherwise. There didn't seem much hope for a 15 year old cat, with two teeth and smelly breath, so my soppy father rescued him, so he could have a home for a couple of years. We thought this would be two years if we were lucky, but seven years later Jasper is still very much alive and is incredibly healthy for any cat, let alone a cat his age.
 

He has a very slight heart murmur and arthritis in his hip, which seems to suddenly flare up when he needs to walk up the stairs, but is absolutely fine when he races down the stairs for food or sprints in from the garden on two paws, because he is scared of the wind.

Jasper has us all wrapped around his little paw and he knows it. His day consists of being fed far too much human food, sleeping on someone's bed, having lots of cuddles and being groomed several times. He has a grooming pose and calls for us, just so he can have some attention. He gets upset if he is in a room by himself and cries until you go and sit with him and cuddle him, what ever you're doing doesn't matter.
 
I could talk about our baby forever, but then I definitely will deserve the term crazy cat lady.
 
Now my other love of my life had a birthday last week as well, although he is slightly less furry. That is my dear Daddy Second Hand Rose. I am incredibly close to my dear young Daddy and spend a lot of time with him. He can always put a smile on my face, regardless of the situation and is one of the funniest people there is.
 
He is always there for me and when he was working always managed to be home early to spend time with us and has provided us all with amazing starts in life. Along with my Mum he is a tower of strength and has always been there for me when I've needed him the most.
We have a lot in common and have the same logical mind and sense of humour. We like to play cards together and he has recently started to teach me to play Bridge. We watch a lot of comedy and are always quoting lines from our beloved programmes. I do think my Dad has spent far too much time in a house full of women and a non masculine cat though, as he loves The Millionaire Matchmaker and is amazing at painting nails and dyeing hair.
 
So happy birthday to two of my favourite men. I feel incredibly lucky to have you in my life and if you weren't here, I definitely wouldn't smile half as much, or have anyone to give me a manicure either.
 
 
Second Hand Rose
XxxX
 

5 comments:

  1. Love this!! I have two kitty furbabies myself (Apollo and Luigi) and I don't know what I would do without them! I'm definitely a crazy cat lady. No shame. Hahaha.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy birthday to them both - and pats and hugs to Jasper from my girls! 22 is no mean feat! Deb xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ahh this is lovely.. Start blogging again, even if it's just ramblings! We need more second hand rose! Hope that you are well. Xxx


    Www.detbeauty.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. this is such a treat! the cats are adorable! we love your posts...write them and may you have many inspirations!
    a big hug

    ReplyDelete
  5. What an inspiring post! Wonderful :)

    x Maria
    New outfit post up on my blog
    featuring the perfect high waist jeans
    www.retrostreetstation.blogspot.de

    ReplyDelete

I hope you have enjoyed my scribblings! Feel free to leave a comment and let me know what you think, they will be repeated constantly to anyone who will listen! Don't forget to click the follow button and add me on Twitter @Second_HandRose and Instagram: second_handrose XxxX